Self-Defense Seminars and
One in five women will need to know how to defend themselves against an attack sometime in their life. These programs are for working women, college women, or anybody (men, too!) concerned about their safety.
Participants gain confidence, greater awareness of their surroundings, and how to physically defend themselves an attack.
These high-energy, entertaining, and informational programs will inspire your group to take their safety seriously. Concerned about your safety when traveling? We also offer A Woman's Guide to Safely Traveling Solo.
Which Program Will Best Suit the Needs of Your Group?
Self-Defense Strategies 101 Prevention, Perception, and POWER
One to Three Hour Presentation/DemonstrationKnow what to do if you are approached by someone who wants to hurt you. Learn how to prevent an attack, access your intuition to increase your awareness, use verbal de-escalation techniques, and practice effective physical moves that will help you escape danger. We’ll cover how to:
- Really hold your keys in the parking lot (it’s not what you’ve been taught!)
- Project yourself as a “hard target” – the opposite of an “easy target.”
- Why pepper spray may not be your best option – unless you follow this rule!
- Use that tone of voice and body language that says, “Stay Away, I Mean It!”
- Employ your personal weapons against the Bad Guy’s vulnerable targets.
This high-energy seminar will provide a fun and empowering experience!
Self-Defense Strategies 201 Unleash Your Inner Hero
Four to Eight Hours of Hands-On Training
Take your group to the next level! This training includes Self-Defense 101 topics and adds physical hands-on training. Your group will learn and practice:
- Upper body strikes and lower body kicks working with a solid target.
- How to escape from a wrist grab, hair grab, choke, and/or a bear hug.
- Knocked to the ground? Here’s what to do to get up and get away safely.
- Confronted by a knife or a gun? Learn the rules for dealing with an armed attacker, and more!
Dress comfortably, but bring your heels for the final part of this real-life training!
Safe at School - Self-Defense for College Students
One to Three Hour Presentation/Demonstration
The bad news is that one in four college women will be sexually assaulted during their college years. The good news is that self-defense training can help keep you safe. We’ll cover how to:
- Defend yourself in the parking lot or deserted area of campus.
- Learn about the "interview" and how it is used by predators to get close to you.
- Take charge of a situation going bad with body language and voice commands.
- How to physically disable someone trying to hurt you and get away safely.
Come to this presentation and be ready to breathe, YELL, and learn how to DEFY the Bad Guy!
What Our Clients Say
Upbeat and Engaging
Brent W. Smith Manager, Security Operations Turner Security, Inc. Washington, D.C.
I Feel So Much More Powerful
Camille Martin, Student, Yorktown, Virginia
Donna Smith, Searcy, Arkansas